OPTICHEM Metal Organics is in itself a trusted brand amongst the users and its distributors worldwide.
With an extensive range of metal carboxylate products, it enables manufacturers to go for hassle-free production of solvent-based Performance Coatings, Inks, Lubricants, PVC, Unsaturated Polyester Resin and many other industrial products.
- COBALT OCTOATE is the most important active metal drier for paints. It provides rapid surface drying and is generally used in conjunction with auxiliary driers (Commonly with lead or zirconium, zinc or calcium). It is used almost exclusively in printing ink because rapid stacking of coated film requires extremely fast drying ink. Wrinkling presents no problem due to the thinness of the printed film. Use of excess cobalt can result in a loss of gloss, wrinkling and poor hardness of the coating. It is also used as an accelerator for polymerization of unsaturated polyester resin in FRP systems. Although it has a violet colour, when used in proper concentration, it contributes very little colour to clear varnishes or white pigmented systems. It is usually added at 0.02 to 0.1% metal based on vehicle solids. Available in 1%, 6%, 10% and 12%.
- CALCIUM OCTOATE provides little drying action on its own and is usually used in combination with active driers. Unlike lead, it can be used safely in fume proof enamels and toy finishes. It also maintains drier efficiency in vehicles which tends to show poor lead tolerance. It is the preferred auxiliary drier for baking finishes as it shows better performance than any other auxiliary driers. It is used at 0.1% to 0.3% metal based on vehicle solids. Available in 4%, 5% and 10%.
- ZIRCONIUM OCTOATE is an auxiliary drier and is widely used as a lead drier replacement due to its non-toxicity. It is generally used in combination with cobalt or manganese and calcium. It is used at 0.1% to 0.6% metal based on vehicle solids. Available in 6%, 10%, 12%, 18% and 24%.
- MANGANESE OCTOATE is an active drier and accelerates oxidation & polymerization. It is less active than cobalt drier. It provides through and surface drying that results in a hard and durable coating. It is most effective in baking finishes. It finds undesirable use in white enamel as it gives pinkish color to the film. Manganese Octoate is also used in conjunction with other driers in printing inks. Available in 6% and 10%.
- ZINC OCTOATE is used with other metal driers to facilitate through-drying and overcomes wrinkling of the film with excess cobalt. It is an excellent wetting and dispersing agent, if used in the early stages of production it improves grinding and shortens manufacturing time. Zinc Octoate 22C is used as polyester initiator, polyurethane catalyst, oxidative drier, anti-wear agent/rust inhibitor for lubricants and as PVC heat stabilizer intermediate. Available in 8%, 10%, 12%, 18% and 22% (Catalyst Grade).
- ANTISKIN (MEKO) is effective in preventing the formation of surface skin in the packed solvent-based paints, varnishes, and printing inks. Small quantity of MEKO is adequate to prevent surface skinning of paints and does not adversely affect properties of the paint, drying time or durability of the film. Available in 99% minimum.
- BARIUM OCTOATE is used as a substitute to Lead Octoate. It acts as a good wetting agent and loss of dry inhibitor. It does not give haze like lead drier in alkyds. It is mainly used in PVC as heat and light stabilizer with cadmium and calcium. Available in 12% and 15%.
- POTASSIUM OCTOATE is used as polyester and isocyanurate foam initiator. It is also used as a synergistic promoter along with cobalt in unsaturated polyester resin in FRP systems. Available in 10% and 12%.
- COPPER NAPHTHENATE, CALCIUM NAPHTHENATE and ZINC NAPHTHENATE are used for various applications such as in wood treatment and preservation as fungicide and anti-termite, in marine coatings as an anti-fouling agent, in unsaturated polyester resin as inhibitor/promoter, in cable formulations as lubricants, co-stabilizers and anti-termite/anti-rodent etc.
- CoZr, COBALT SUBSTITUTE, WHITE COBALT, LEAD SUBSTITUTE and other MIXED DRIERS are readily available and can be prepared according to customer’s specific requirements and needs.
OPTICHEM SPECIALITIES FZE
Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai
United Arab Emirates
News & Updates
- Acquisition of Synthomer Thailand Ltd., renamed Optidur
- ABRAFATI – Brazil 2019
- CHINACOAT 2019
- Interlakokraska 2019 – Moscow, Russia
- OPTICHEM participated in EACC – East African Coatings Congress
- Asia Pacific Coatings Show (APCS) Thailand
- Invitation to APCS 2016
- Happy New Year’s 2016
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, APCS, September 2015
- Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam ACC 2015